On Thursday 4th October at 5 pm, Limerick will host one of Positive Ageing Week’s headline events – “100 Tips for a 100 Year Life” at the Strand Hotel, Limerick. The event is kindly supported by Home Instead Senior Care, Limerick.
“100 Tips for a 100 Year Life” will look at how to age positively and healthily – both physically and mentally. Talk topics include:
- Communications between adult children and older people that give ageing the best chance of success;
- Practical tips for living at home;
- Protecting mental health;
- Healthy Ageing: Eating the Mediterranean Way;
- Healthy Ageing: Exercise advice for older people
- (Financial tips – tbc).
The speakers are: Liam Toland, Owner & Managing Director, Home Instead Senior Care,Limerick; Dr. Katie Robinson, Senior Lecturer in Occupational Therapy, School of Allied Health, University of Limerick; Dr. Audrey Tierney, Senior Lecturer and Discipline Lead Nutrition and Dietetics, School of Allied Health, UL and Dr. Rose Galvin, Senior Lecturer Physiotherapy, School of Allied Health, UL. (Possible a Bank of Ireland speaker)
“100 Tips for a 100 Year Life” is a free event but it is recommended that people book a seat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01 475 6989